William Glenn Abbott or Glenn Abbott as he is popularly known as is an American former professional baseball player who plied his trade for more than a decade. He identified himself as a right-handed batsman and thrower along with his specialization at pitcher role.
Glenn Abbott was born on February 16, 1951, in Little Rock, Arkansas. He had a stint as the professional baseball player for more than 11 years. He pitched for three Major League Baseball teams during his career. after hanging up his bat, he successfully transitioned himself into a coach with many different minor league teams and stops.
Glenn Abbott, along with three other pitchers recorded the first instance of four-pitcher combined no-hitter in the MLB history.
North Little Rock High School, Arkansas, North High School, Arkansas, University of Central Arkansas, Conway, Arkansas.
- Batting: Right Handed
- Throwing: Right Handed
- Position: Pitcher
- Drafted: By Oakland Athletics as an amateur in 1969.
- MLB Debut: July 29, 1973
- Debut Team: Oakland Athletics
- Last MLB Appearance: August 8, 1984
- Last Team Appearance in MLB: Detroit Tigers
- Teams: Oakland Athletics (1973-76), Seattle Mariners (1977-81,1983), Detroit Tigers (1983-84)
- June 5, 1969: Drafted by the Oakland Athletics in the 8th round of the 1969 amateur draft.
- November 5, 1976: Drafted by the Seattle Mariners from the Oakland Athletics as the 24th pick in the 1976 expansion draft.
- November 13, 1981: Granted Free Agency.
- January 15, 1982: Signed as a Free Agent with the Seattle Mariners.
- August 23, 1983: Purchased by the Detroit Tigers from the Seattle Mariners for $100,000.
- August 14, 1984: Released by the Detroit Tigers.
- Win-Loss Record: 62-83
- Earned Run Average: 4.39
- Strikeouts: 484
- Occupation: Professional Baseball Player
- Date of Birth: February 16, 1951
- Age (As of current): 65 years
- Place of Birth: Little Rock, Arkansas
- Gender: Male
- Height in m: 1.98 m
- Height in ft: 6 feet 6 inches
- Height in cm: 198 cm
- Weight in kg: 91 kilograms approx.
- Weight in the pound: 200 lbs.
- Nationality: American
Glenn Abbott’s exploits as a baseball player can be traced at multiple baseball references and archives.