Jeffrey William Abbott is a retired American professional baseball player who plied his trade as an outfielder. He identified himself as a right-handed batsman and a left handed thrower. He played minor leagues before joining in the Major League Baseball for seasons from 1997-2001.
Jeff Abbott was born on August 17, 1972, in Atlanta, Georgia. He studied at Dunwoody High School in Georgia and joined theUniversity of Kentucky for further studies. He started his career when he was picked as an amateur draft in 1994. He debuted for Major League Baseball on June 10, 1997, and played for 4 more seasons before hanging up his bat.
Dunwoody High School, Georgia; University of Kentucky.
- Batting: Right Handed
- Throwing: Left Handed
- Position: Outfielder
- Drafted: By Chicago White Sox as an amateur in 1994.
- MLB Debut: June 10, 1997
- Debut Team: Chicago White Sox
- Last MLB Appearance: September 29, 2001
- Last Team Appearance in MLB: Florida Marlins
- Teams: Chicago White Sox(1997-2000), Florida Marlins (2001)
- June 3, 1993: Drafted by the Chicago White Sox in the 32nd round of the 1993 amateur draft, but did not sign.
- June 2, 1994: Drafted by the Chicago White Sox in the 4th round of the 1994 amateur draft. Player signed June 5, 1994.
- December 9, 2000: Traded by the Chicago White Sox to the Florida Marlins for Julio Ramirez.
- December 20, 2001: Granted Free Agency.
- February 5, 2002: Signed as a Free Agent with the Boston Red Sox.
- August 29, 2002: Released by the Boston Red Sox.
- February 14, 2003: Signed as a Free Agent with the New York Mets.
- March 22, 2003: Released by the New York Mets.
- May 25, 2003: Signed as a Free Agent with the Seattle Mariners.
- Batting Average: .263
- Home Runs: 18
- Runs Batted in 83
- Occupation: Professional Baseball Player
- Date of Birth: August 17, 1972
- Age (As of current): 44 years
- Place of Birth: Atlanta, Georgia
- Gender: Male
- Height in m: 1.88 m
- Height in ft: 6 feet 2 inches
- Height in cm: 188 cm
- Weight in kg: 86 kilograms approx.
- Weight in the pound: 190 lbs.
- Nationality: American
Jeff Abbott’s career and achievements can be traced back in the historical archives of baseball references.