Karen Carpenter is an American Musician and Singer.
Karen Carpenter was born on March 2nd 1950 in New Haven, Connecticut, U.S. She is the daughter of Harold Bertram Carpenter and Agnes Reuwer Tatum Karen Carpenter. She has a slim body at a height of 5’ 4”. Karen dated several men before she eventually married Thomas James Burris in 1980. The marriage lasted 14 months; cause of separation was deceit on the part of Thomas. Karen wanted to have a child of her own; the husband had undergone vasectomy without Karen’s knowledge.
Her estimated net worth is around $10 million dollars
She made her mark both as a Singer as well as an actress. Some of her albums include: A Song for You; Christmas Portrait; Made in America; Karen Carpenter. Some of her efforts were released posthumously; An Old-Fashioned Christmas and As Time Goes By are examples of such.
Though she did not receive any major awards; that notwithstanding, she got some recognitions and accolades for her efforts while it lasted-such came from Play boy magazine and Rolling Stone.
- Occupation: Musician, singer
- Age at Death: 32
- Date of Birth: March 2, 1950
- Place of Birth: New Haven, Connecticut, U.S
- Date of Death: February 4, 1983
- Place of Death: Downey Community Hospital, Downey, California
- Cause of Death: emetine cardio toxicity
- Gender: Female
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
Height (How tall is Karen Carpenter)
- Karen Carpenter is 5 feet 4 inches tall
- Weight in kg: 41.3
- Parents: Harold Bertram Carpenter and Agnes Reuwer Tatum Karen Carpenter
- Boy friend /Spouse: Thomas James Burris (August 1980-December 1981)
- Ethnicity: White
- Nationality: American