Kurt Thomas Abbott, as he was named at birth is a former professional baseball player who plied his trade in Major League Baseball along with multiple stints at different minor leagues. He identified himself as a right-handed batsman and thrower. He ideally played as a shortstop and as the second baseman for his teams.
Kurt Abbott was born on June 2, 1969, in Zanesville, Ohio. He grew up in at his hometown and attended Dixie M. Hollins High School before attending St. Peters burg Junior College. He was drafted into baseball realms at the age of 20 in the 1989 Major League Baseball Draft. He played along for five different teams during his stint as professional baseball player.
- He has earned a degree in physical education from St. Petersburg Junior College.
- His father Tom Abbot previously played baseball for the San Francisco Giant’s Organization.
- He has kept a grey T-shirt as part of his souvenir collection. The T-shirt was gifted by a native of his hometown in Zanesville.
Dixie M. Hollins High School, St. Peters burg Junior College.
- Batting: Right Handed
- Throwing: Right Handed
- Position: Shortstop/ Second Baseman
- Drafted: By Oakland Athletics as an amateur in 1989.
- MLB Debut: September 8, 1993
- Debut Team: Oakland Athletics
- Last MLB Appearance: April 13, 2001
- Last Team Appearance in MLB: Atlanta Braves
- Teams: Oakland Athletics (1993), Florida Marlins (1994-1997), Oakland Athletics (1999), Colorado Rockies (1998-1999), New York Mets (2000), Atlanta Braves (2001).
- Batting Average: .256
- Home Runs: 62
- Runs Batted in 242
- Occupation: Professional Baseball Player
- Date of Birth: June 2, 1969
- Age (As of current): 47 years
- Place of Birth: Zanesville, Ohio
- Gender: Male
- Star Sign: Gemini
- Spouse: Stacey Abbot
- Children: Kyra (born 16 May 1998)
- Height in m: 1.80 m
- Height in ft: 5 feet 11 inches
- Height in cm: 180 cm
- Weight in kg: 82 kilograms approx.
- Weight in the pound: 180 lbs.
- Nationality: American
He has been working as a Sheriff’s Deputy in Martin County, Florida since 2006.
Social Media Presence