Beatrice Bea Arthur was an American actress, singer and comedian. She was also an animal rights activist. She achieved fame and recognition in the 1970s, when she starred in a sitcom movie titled “All in the Family”, as Maude Findlay. She also featured in “The Golden Girls (1985-1992), as Dorothy Zbornak. She won Emmy Awards for her roles in both movies. She also won the Tony Award for the Best Featured Actress in a Musical.
Beatrice Bea Arthur was born on May 13, 1922 in Brooklyn, New York, USA. She died from cancer on April 29, 2009. She is 86 years old. Her parents are Philips Frankel and Rebecca Pressner. She was married to two men, Robert Alan Arthur from 1947- 1950, and Gene Saks from 1950 -1978. She has two adopted sons namely, Matthew who was born in 1961 and Daniel in 1964. She attended Linden Hall School for Girls in Pennsylvania and later attended Blackstone College for Girls in Blackstone, Virginia, USA.
- First Name: Beatrice
- Last Name: Arthur
- Full Name at Birth: Beatrice Bea Arthur
- Age: 86
- Date of Birth: May 13, 1922
- Date of Death: April 25, 2009
- Birthplace:Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Eye Color: Brown-Dark
- Hair Color: Grey
- Star sign: Taurus
- Ethnicity: White
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Actress, Comedian, Singer
- In feet: 5 feet 10 inches
- Parents: Philips Frankel and Rebecca Pressner.
- Children: Matthew and Daniel
- Spouse: Robert Alan Arthur from 1947- 1950.
Gene Saks from 1950 -1978.