Etta James is an American Singer.
Etta James was born in Los Angeles, California, U.S on the 25th of January, 1938. She is the daughter of Dorothy Hawkins (mother). It is speculated that her father is Rudolf “Minnesota Fats” Wander one. Etta had a troubled adult life. She is a heroin addict; she was in and out of rehabilitation; she never pulled through mainly because her husband was an ally-he was also into drugs. She is 5’ 3” tall.
Her estimated net worth is put at around $16 million dollars.
She is a trail blazer in the music industry. Her style of music is early R&B, Soul-Blues, R&B. She has a soprano voice; added to it, she has the uncommon ability to control all the octaves of her voice while she is singing. She received her first professional vocal class at the age of five. Some of her ever green albums include: Dance with Me, Henry; The Wallflower; At Last; Tell Mama; Something For a Hold on Me.
James received 6 Grammy awards as well as 23 other major awards during her life time
- Occupation: Singer
- Age at Death: 73
- Date of Birth: January 25, 1938
- Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California, U.S
- Date of Death: January 20, 2012
- Place of Death: Riverside, California, U.S.
- Cause of Death: Complications of Leukemia
- Gender: Female
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Dyed Brown
Height (How tall is Etta James)
- Etta James is 5 feet 3 inches tall
- in kg: Not available
- Parents: Dorothy Hawkins (mother). The father’s identity is not clear; he is speculated to be Rudolf “Minnesota Fats” Wanderone.
- Boy friend /Spouse: Artist Milss
- Ethnicity: African-American Swiss
- Nationality: American