Floyd Mayweather Jr is a retired American professional boxer. His exploits in the ring has won him several victories in the boxing ring. He brought glamour to boxing and today, he is a boxing promoter. He understands the business of the game.
On several occasions, he has retired and come out of retirement to make some bucks before going back into retirement. His showmanship as a boxer is perhaps second only to that of the legendary Mohammed Ali when he was still alive.
The credit for his solid foundation in boxing should go to his father; but surprising, both dad and son do not agree on critical issues. Mayweather Jr accuses his father of neglect as a child; father insists he cared and that he is the reason for Mayweather Jr’s boxing success! What a twist between father and son.
Mayweather Jr was born on 24th February, 1997 in Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S. He is the son of Floyd Mayweather Sr. and Deborah Sinclair. He came from a family that has a rich history in boxing. He is a world champion in five weight categories and he still remains undefeated as a professional boxer till date.
He weighs 68kg and is 1.73m tall. Mayweather Jr is nicknamed the money man. He had a rough beginning which made him pass through raw poverty in his early days. The details of his relationship are not known. He has four children and yet remains a single dad. Though he is a boxing champion, he has not won the battle when it comes to his relationships with women.
He dropped out of high school. He said he knew right then that he has to make a living through boxing.
Mayweather’s estimated net worth for 2016 is a mind-blowing $650 million dollars.
He has fought several bouts in career. In his professional career, he has won many titles. Some are listed below
- WBC super featherweight champion (130 lbs)
- WBC lightweight champion (135 lbs)
- WBC super lightweight champion (140 lbs)
- IBF welterweight champion (147 lbs)
- WBC welterweight champion (2×)
- WBC light middleweight champion (154 lbs) (2×)
- WBA (Super) light middleweight champion
- WBA (Super) welterweight champion
- WBO welterweight champion
- Occupation: Retired professional Boxer
- Age: 39
- Date of Birth: 24-2-97
- Place of Birth: Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.
- Gender: Male
- Eye color: Dark Brown.
- Hair color: Black.
- in ft: 5’ 8”.
- in cm: 173
- in m: 1.73
- in kg: 68
- in pounds: 151
- Parents: Floyd Mayweather Sr. and Deborah Sinclair
- Girlfriend/spouse: Though he has children; details of his affairs are not available
- Children: Koraun Mayweather, Iyanna Mayweather, Zion Shamaree Mayweather, Jirah Mayweather
- Ethnicity: Black American
- Nationality: American